solar

Solar

Ever wonder how it is to own your own power plant for your homes? The thrill of not depending entirely on your utility grid (PLN)? The benefit of paying less for better quality electricity? Or even free?

Landscape Solar provides high-quality rooftop solar panel at affordable price. For a typical home, the price range from $1.25 per watt-peak. Bigger homes, commercial or industrial facilities may get better price. Payback period is between fine and eight years, depending on your usage, yoru current electricity rate, and the future price of your electricity grids. We use high-quality products by Canadian Solar, with 4.8 average GHI, 80.3 percent performance ratio.

Install yours now and be proud!

How Landscape Solar Rooftop Solar Power System Works

A rooftop home system works as follows (see diagram above). Photo Voltaic (PV) arrays are installed on your rooftop. Typically, one panel installs 300 watt-peak (Wp) capacity. This means that at a peak sun, the panel produces 300 watt. In 24 hours, a typical place in Indonesia will get about 4 hours of “peak sun.” This means that in a typical day a panel of 300 Wp will produce about 1,200 watt-hours (Wh), or 1.2 thousand watt-hours (kilowatt-hours, kWh).

The PV arrays will convert sunlight into direct current (DC) electric current. The DC current is converted to become alternating current (AC) current by the (grid-tied) inverter. AC current is the kind of current your 220 Volt household electricity has, and the kind of electricity current almost all household appliances work with. The AC current is then sent to the AC switchboard, then to the low- voltage (LV) distribution panel.

Meanwhile, your regular electricity supply from your grid (PLN) comes in to the LV distribution (and then mixed with the electricity generated by the PV array) through a meter. The LV distribution will then distribute electricity to the “loads” (the appliances, such as lights, air conditioners, refrigerators, television, etc.).

The kWh meter will allow PLN to monitor your electricity use and send your electricity bill every month. After all the paperworks are finalized with PLN, the meter will be changed with a net meter. A net meter will not only be able to monitor the electricity coming into your home (“import”), but also monitor the electricity going out of the house into the electricity (“export”). This is the net-meter system.

A net-meter system is an “on-grid” system that integrates the rooftop solar system with the regular grid. As we know, the sun shines only during the day. Even in most parts of the day, the sun doesn’t shine at its peak. During the evening, there is no sun at all. Unfortunately, we need electricity 24 hours per day, 7 days a week. We need electricity especially at night when there is no sun. To allow it to happen, there are two ways. The first is to utilize a battery to store electricity during the day and use it at night. Another way is to have a “net metering,” as follows. Electricity that is produced by the rooftop solar system will be used directly. The excess will be “exported” to the grid. The “net meter” will record the amount of electricity “exported.” At night, we “import” electricity from PLN (the way we usually do without our rooftop solar system, as there is no electriciry produced at night). The “net” amount is the difference between how much we “export” and how much we “import” electricity. When we produce electricity the same amount as we consume or more, then the “net” amount is considered zero, and PLN will only charge the minimum amount in our electricity bill (the “load charge). When we consume more than we produce, then we will get billed the difference added to the load charge.

How to Order

All homes are not the same, and so are their electricity use. In order to understand your needs, we need to know 

(1) your installed capacity at home (usually in Watt), 

(2) your monthly and daily electricity consumption (usually in kiloWatt-hour) or your average monthly bills (in Rupiah), and

 (3) the possibility of expanding or upgrading your system in the future. 

They will help us determine the most appropriate and efficient system for your homes. You can send inquiry and these information to [email protected] and one of us will get back to you with a proposal.

The approximate price is about $1.25 per watt-peak. The bigger your system, the lower the unit-price can be. For a sufficiently large system, the unit-price can be as low as less than $1 per watt-peak. You will need to pay 40 percent of the total price of the system as down payment upon ordering, and the remaining 60 percent to be paid once the system is completely installed. We are currently in discussion with a financial company to be able to provide financing, so our system can be even more affordable. Ask us about this. After we install the system, we will inspect your system after 2, 4 and 6 months to make sure that your system works well.